Fully foldable EAZZY series offer convenient mounting, user-friendly functions and compact storage. The ratchet cradle is the perfect solution to attach the bike frame. It is also a great solution for carbon frames as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
The BUZZRACK Eazzy 2 and Eazzy 4 are really well designed, well engineered pieces of kit; smart, sophisticated and very good value for money.
The EAZZY 2 got the 2019 BRISBANE GOLD DESIGN AWARD and a 2020 IF DESIGN AWARD.
Easy! The Eazzy bike carriers are very easy to fold which makes for easy lifting, easy carrying, easy fitting, easy storage in the car boot when you are out for a ride.
Folds to store in the car This is really useful, because damage to tow bar carriers in car parks from other vehicles can be an issue. A tow bar carrier will almost certainly make your car much too long for a standard car parking space.
Key features of the Eazzy 2 and 4
Assembly: The Eazzy 2 or 4 is supplied fully assembled, except for the lights which are attached with only 1 screw each side (which makes these lights particularly easy to replace if damaged), and there’s 1 bolt for the number plate holder – all fittings and a tool are supplied.
Fitting to the car: You fit the Eazzy 2 or 4 in its folded state, which leaves you with all the space you need to work on the tow ball fitting system. When you first place it on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening wheel until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The video below shows the fitting to the car and the installation of bikes.
Lighting system: The Eazzy 2 and 4 come with a 13 pin lighting system, including a reversing light and UK compliant fog lights). 13 pin to 7 pin adapter is not included.
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. The Eazzy 2 and 4 sit quite high on the tow ball, and the tilt function is optimised to prevent the lights from hitting the road surface, while still using the weight of the bikes to help bring the bike platform back to the level again in a controlled way. But this geometry doesn’t allow for tall vertical tailgates to be opened – e.g. VW Transporter T5 and T6.
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The Eazzy 2 and 4 are entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 40kg (Eazzy2) and 60kg (Eazzy 4), with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the Eazzy series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes); the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- There is a built in locking cable to secure your bikes; as usual with cable locks, it’s a deterrent only.
Please visit us today to enquire further about this bike.